Private Tour: Colonial Singapore Tour with Afternoon Tea at Raffles
This tour takes you back to Colonial Singapore and starts from where it all began at Raffles Landing Site, where Sir Stamford Raffles is believed to have first stepped ashore in 1819, and found a small settlement of Malays headed by the Temenggong (governor) for the Sultan of Johor. He signed a treaty with the Sultan for the right to establish a trading post in Singapore.
Learn how during the 50 years following Raffles establishment of his free-trade port, Singapore became one of the busiest ports and a thriving financial and services sector.
Admire neo-Palladian buildings along the banks of the Singapore River before proceeding to your next stop at Raffles Hotel, where hives of activities were held for the high-society in the 1800s. Here, enjoy an Afternoon Tea with English and local delicacies.
Just as Raffles sailed on the river, you will end your tour on a bumboat, traditional cargo-ferrying crafts, for a cruise along the Singapore River.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Touring in a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Services of a professional licensed tour guide
- Afternoon Tea at Raffles Hotel
- Singapore River cruise on a bumboat
- Entry/Admission - Raffles Hotel Arcade
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any snacks, food or drink not mentioned as Inclusions
- Any purchases of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Raffles Hotel Arcade, 1 Beach Road Raffles Hotel, Singapore 189673 Singapore
Raffles Hotel is a colonial-style luxury hotel in the Downtown Core district of Singapore. It was established by Armenian hoteliers, the Sarkies Brothers, in 1887. The hotel was named after British statesman Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, the founder of colonial-era Singapore.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Pass By: Singapore River, Boat, Clarke, Robertson Quays, Singapore Singapore
Hop on a bumboat with the Singapore River Cruise, and acquaint yourself with Singapore’s history and modernity in one classic experience.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We provide complimentary pickup service from selected major city hotels. At the end of the tour, we also offer a drop off service (most likely the same as was your pickup location).Hotel pickup is between 15-45 minutes before the schedules departure time. The time and location will be confirmed to you by email after making the booking.Customers are requested to be at this location 10 minutes prior to the pickup time.
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- The sequence of the itinerary may alter depending on traffic or local conditions
- Should your travel plans change, do not worry. I Asia Singapore will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge.
- Minimum 2 Adults / Maximum 6 Persons
- Tour does not operate during the week of The Formula One and during festive seasons.
- Child rate applies after two full paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.