Private tour to Garni Temple and Geghard Monastery
Experience two of Armenia's most important and breathtaking sights on this tour of the Yerevan countryside. Immerse yourself in the unique history of the country and marvel at the Garni temple complex and the Geghard monastery complex. Two places that can not be more different from your history and yet together count to the unforgettable places of Armenia. Travel comfortably with our driver from Yerevan to the landmarks and explore the unique places.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Garni Temple
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery Road H3, Garni Armenia
On this tour, immerse yourself in the history of Armenia before Christianization and feel like you are in Athens, in ancient Greece. On this excursion, you will explore the former Hellenistic temple throughout the former USSR and admire ancient Greek architecture. The temple lies on the edge of a gorge, so that you can enjoy an unforgettable view of the mountains from here. On the edge of the temple complex you can still marvel at the excavation site of a Roman bath complex from the 3rd century. In particular, the very well preserved floor mosaic is worth mentioning here.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Monastery of Geghard, Near Goght Village, Geghard Armenia
Marvel at one of the most extraordinary monastery buildings in the world on this tour. Partly carved directly into the stone, the monastery complex from the 4th century stands where the cave springs originate. Experience the spirituality of the place where the Holy Lance used to stab a Roman soldier in the side of Jesus crucified. The monastery has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :6 Amiryan St, Yerevan 0001, Armenia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.