Rainforest Chocolate Tour from La Fortuna
With the view of the majestic Arenal Volcano, enjoy the sweetest rainforest experience, discovering the ancient secrets of chocolate: from its discovery and use, in tropical America, to the processing of the product we know and enjoy today. A hands on program, that lets you eat all the chocolate you want. Enjoy this journey through the history, culture, traditions and the flavor.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Rainforest Chocolate Tour
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rainforest Chocolate Tour, Road to Waterfall of La Fortuna, In Front of Cabinas La Catarata, Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos 856-3000 Costa Rica
Considered as "a gift of the Gods", the cacao tree was very important to the ancient culture. It was not only used as a ceremonial drink, but its seeds were also used as currency because of its economic value, in many regions of Mesoamerica, including Costa Rica.
In this 2-hour “hands on” program, you'll have the opportunity to learn interesting aspects of cocoa and chocolate, from its origin and history, participating in all the production process, from the harvesting of the fruit, drying and grinding of the seed, also the developing of the traditional drink of our ancestors, and of course enjoying a high quality organic chocolate.
Departure Point :Rainforest Chocolate Tour, La Fortuna - Catarata Río Fortuna, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.