Red Clogs Down the Five-Foot-Way, A Chinatown Walk
Meet your guide at Exit A outside Telok Ayer MRT Station to walk along Singapore's unique, and very special, Chinatown. The street is filled from end to end, with stalls and knick-knacks of every kind. From ready-made clogs to delicious, steaming hot buns - Chinatown seems to have it all!
Sticky cakes, exotic fruits, sweetmeats; Chinatown is a food lover's paradise. Enjoy the fragrance of Chinese tea, ginseng and herbal eggs. If you're brave, we'll even help you find your way about a popular local Wet Market.
Check out paper cars, houses, 'handphones', and even lingerie - all part of an ancient Chinese funeral ritual which you will learn about. We'll also introduce you to the Yins and Yangs of Chinese traditional medicine.
The tour will end close to Chinatown MRT Station near Pagoda Street, where you can make you way back to the hotel or continue exploring the area, if you choose.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Knowledgeable, English speaking licensed guide
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Chinatown Heritage Centre
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Any foods, drinks, snacks or purchases of a personal nature
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinatown, Crot Trengganu, Singapore 048942 Singapore
A mix of heritage visits to museums, shopping as well as a good variety of food options and much more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Chinatown Heritage Centre, 48 Pagoda Street, Singapore 059207 Singapore
Within the three beautifully-restored shophouses on Pagoda Street one can find all aspects of Chinatown's history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Thian Hock Keng Temple, 158 Telok Ayer Street Chinatown, Singapore 068613 Singapore
The oldest and most important temple for the Hokkien people.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Ann Siang Hill, Singapore Singapore
Neighbourhood/hilll ined with restored two story colonial buildings.
Departure Point :Telok Ayer, Singapore
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :199 New Bridge Rd, Singapore 059427
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a walking tour with a professional guide
- Operates in conjunction with The Original Singapore Walks every Wednesday except Public Holidays
- Minimum 2 persons required for tour to operate. Single traveler may book. However, one day prior to the tour if there are still less than 2 participants are booked, the activity may not run
- Should your travel plans change, do not worry as I Asia Singapore will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements
- Children from 3 - 11 have reduced price for this tour
- Child rate applies only after 2 full paying adults
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance
- Walkers are advised to wear comfortable shoes, bring an umbrella or poncho, and a bottle of water
- Order of scheduled stops is subject to change and may be different from order described. Inclusions will not change and all stops mentioned will be visited
- Most travelers can participate
- No sleeveless Tops, collarless shirts, T-shirts, short pants or flip flops allowed
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.