Rose Jam Workshop and Leavening of Authentic Yoghurt in a Traditional House
During one of the most authentic, ancient and most respected customs and crafts in Bulgaria - picking roses makes one of the unique products of rose - jam! Interesting not only for its taste but also for its preparation - it is made of young rose flowers, picked early in the morning, of a special sort - the oil-bearing Kazanlak Rose, which is grown only in the latitudes of the Rose Valley in Bulgaria.
per adult from
What's included :
- Visiting Ancient House-Museum
- Demonstration of making Bulgarian yoghurt
- Demonstration of making rose jam
- Food and drinks
- Local guide service
What's excluded :
- Transport from / to the meeting point (by request & extra charge)
- Personal expenses
- One of the most authentic, ancient and most respected customs and crafts in Bulgaria is picking roses. This makes one of the most unique products of rose - the jam! Interesting not only for its taste but also for its preparation - it is made of young rose flowers, picked early in the morning, of a special sort - the oil-bearing Kazanlak Rose, which is grown only in the latitudes of the Rose Valley in Bulgaria. Authentic leavening of yoghurt is the other activity in this tour which shows you the beauty of the rural lifestyle and the preparation of products at home.
An experience brushing up your knowledge and giving you hands-on with the locals.
• Valley of Roses, Bulgaria
• Karlovo, Karlovo, Plovdiv Province
• Karlovo Old Town, Karlovo 4300 Bulgaria
• Rose jam
• Jam of figs
Departure Point :Karlovo, Bulgaria
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.