Skip the Line: Giverny and Monet House Half-Day Trip from Paris
Like nature? Love Impressionism? Read on! Let us whisk you away on a half-day trip to the village of Giverny where Monet and other Impressionists set up home in the 19th Century. After a short one-and-a-half-hour ride from Paris, you’ll find yourself in this quaint little village in Normandy, where you’ll visit Monet’s exquisite house and gardens. Your art historian guide will animate your tour around the flowerbeds that proved a source of inspiration for Monet, past the water lily pond made famous in the Nymphéas series and across the Japanese bridge that pops up so often in his work. Then you’ll explore Monet’s house, almost untouched by the passage of time.
per adult from
5 hours 45 minutes
What's included :
- Entrance ticket to Giverny (gardens and house)
- Guided tour of the gardens
- Entrance ticket (priority access).
- Round Trip transportation by luxury coach from Paris
- Service of a licensed guide
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Place des Pyramides, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Fan of Monet? Want to see where he lived and the garden that inspired him? Your wish is our command with this half-day trip! Then, meet us at our central located agency near the Louvre Museum with a departure by coach in either the morning or afternoon (depending on option selected when booking.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Office de Tourisme des Portes de l'Eure, 12 rue du Pont, 27200 Vernon France
After about a 1 hr. 30 min. trip through the verdant countryside, you will arrive in Giverny.
Pass By: Maison de Claude Monet a Vetheuil, 16 avenue Claude Monet, 95510 Vetheuil France
Expect a feast for your eyes on this half-day tour to Claude Monet’s home in Giverny. You’ll alight at Monet’s property and extensive gardens, where he indulged in his green-fingered passion.
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
First, you’ll visit the front gardens and orchards with your expert guide, to gaze upon an array of vivid blooms (depending on the season). Next, you’ll be enthralled to see the legendary water lily pond in real life and cross the oft-painted Japanese bridge.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet, 84 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Don’t forget to take a few pics, be the star of your own Impressionist-style landscapes! Take a while to enjoy the tranquility of the weeping willows and bamboo trees.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Eglise Sainte-Radegonde de Giverny, 53 rue Claude Monet Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Skip any lines and head inside the house of Monet, which was painstakingly restored to its former glory after it was donated by Monet's son to the French Academy of Fine Arts. Your guide will leave you here to explore the kitchen, bedrooms, and other spaces on your own. Admire Monet's private art collection, including Japanese garden prints. Then wander into his studio and peruse the large souvenir shop, where you can purchase reproductions of Monet's paintings, pottery, and even flower seeds.
Pass By: Collegiale Notre Dame, 1bis Rue du Chapitre, 27200 Vernon France
Time to drive back through the landscape of the Eure French Region
Pass By: 8th Arrondissement, Paris France
Then it’s back to Paris in the comfort of your coach.
Pass By: Jardin des Tuileries pl. de la Concorde, rue de Rivoli, 75058 Paris France
You will be dropped back at the departure point.
Pass By: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
Nearby the Louvre Museum where you could wander around.
Departure Point :2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Excellent souvenir shop with a wide range of reproductions of Monet's paintings, crockery, table sets (dominant in Monet's favourite blue and yellow colours) and even a range of flower seeds.
- Most travelers can participate
- The collection of Japanese engravings inside Monet's home is one of the most important in the world
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.