Small-Group 4 hours Saigon City Tour
Ho Chi Minh City, still often referred to by its original name of Saigon, is a fast-paced city full of contrasts, where street vendors selling fruit and vegetables can be seen next to glitzy, Western-style bars and boutiques. Learn about the city's turbulent past and enjoy glimpses of its fascinating modern-day culture on this city tour. A guide unravels Saigon’s history, from the 1859 capture of the city by the French to the dramatic period of the 1950s, '60s and '70s. You'll see attractions like Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral and Central Post Office.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation by Air-conditional minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (District 1 only)
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- Bottled drinking water (one 500ml bottle per person)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Central Post Office
- Entry/Admission - War Remnants Museum
- Entry/Admission - The Independence Palace
- Entry/Admission - Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Morning Tour: Pickup at hotets (only in District 1, between 08h00 - 08h30)
Afternoon Tour: Pickup at hotels (only in District 1, between 13h00 - 13h30)
After hotel pickup, your Ho Chi Minh City tour begins with a visit to Reunification Palace, where on April 30, 1975, the ‘American War’ (or Vietnam War) officially ended when tank number 843 of the North Vietnamese Army crashed through the gates of what was at the time the residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam.
Head to the War Remnants Museum, formerly known as the Museum of American War Crimes, to see its poignant display of the futility of war, and then visit Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office; constructed between the 1860s and 1880s, these are some of the best examples of French colonial architecture. Continue to Jade Emperor Pagoda, built in 1909 in honor of the supreme Taoist god; this is one of the most atmospheric temples in Ho Chi Minh City, stuffed with statues of phantasmal divinities and grotesque heroes. Admire the detailed woodcarvings between the heavy smoke of incense in the air.
Tour ends at Bến Thành market or drive back to where we picked up in the morning. End of services.
Departure Point :Asiana Link Travel - CN Tôn Thất Đạm, 60 Tôn Thất Đạm, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up guests at several hotels, your hotel might be first, so please be ready 15 minutes before departure time. We'll come to your door as soon as we can!
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 90 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.