Snowmobile Safari in the Forest
We start at 9am in your hotel in Kemi and drive to the beautiful area of Kätkävaara mountain for 4-5 h snowmobile safari. We drive across swamps, forests and lakes crossing rivers and admiring beautiful mountain views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Winter adventure gear
- Guidance services
- Snacks and meals mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional price, ask for more information!
- In the beginning we make a proper briefing. Light lunch is offered by open fire in a nice hut. Katkavaara area is famous for great natural beauty and wild animals are common there.We will make several breaks during the day and enjoy the nature. Usually we find a lot of different footprints from moose, reindeer, fox and hare or even wolverine or lynx. In Katkavaara area we can find several important nature reservations of which Pisavaara Strict Nature Reservation is the most famous and very strictly protected.
The effectice driving time is 2 – 3 hours. We will back in Kemi latest at about 4 P.M.
The first snowmobile was created during the 20th century. With the shape of a sledge, it was intended for work to drive over snow and icy roads where other vehicles were not able to go. Stronger and faster it quickly replaced the sled dogs as a modern mode of transport. Nowadays, snowmobiles are mostly used for recreation.
Departure Point :Scandic Kemi, Hahtisaarenkatu 3, 94100 Kemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.