Snowshoe Trip for Ice Fishing in Ivalo
Enjoy beautiful nature of Lapland during our nice snowshoe trip. This trip offers a great opportunity to take beautiful pictures. With some luck, you may also see animals or footprints of wild animals. See the endless forests and snowy trees everywhere!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Snacks and meals mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private tours for additional charge - contact for more details
During this trip you will also experience the arctic way of fishing. Try it with a local guide on a beautiful arctic lake or river. Introduction to ice fishing, drilling holes and moving on the ice. Tricks of fishing and attracting fishes under the ice. Also enjoy a light lunch prepared by open fire.
Historians believe the origin of the snowshoe dates back to 2000 BC or 4000 BC. The invention of the snowshoe has been inspired by the animals like snowshoe hares who have oversized feet enabling them to move more quickly through deep snow. Snowshoes were an essential tool for fur traders and trappers to be able to get around areas inaccessible to motorized vehicles when the snow is deep. Today, snowshoes are mostly used by hikers and runners for recreation.
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Kelotie 1, 99800 Saariselkä, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.