Sunset at the Arctic Circle
Join our nature experts and enjoy our little nature trip and come admiring exceptionally beautiful mountain landscape in Katkavaara – the mountain area of southern Lapland. Take pictures in the evening light and enjoy the sound of silence. During this program we also barbecue by open fire in a typical Lappish tepee and learn some old Finnish mythology and shamanism.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Snacks mentioned
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Safari desk support
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- After hotel pick up it is time to head towards Katkavaara for our trip, and on our way we can already admire the views. Katkavaara is located some 45 minutes from Rovaniemi: it is an exceptionally beautiful little mountain where you can see the ancient sea sides easily telling their story from the time 7 000 years ago. It is easy to imagine the stone age people living here fishing and hunting. The summit area is open stone fields where excellent duck boards have been set to make it possible to admire this exceptional view over taiga forests. If the sky is clear we may admire the arctic sunset as well. Anyway you will find the sunset light even if the sun is behind clouds. The best view is from a wooden tower that has been made for admiring this exceptional view. This is a great tour for making nature pictures.
Enjoy the views and lunch on open fire. Listen to the stories of Finnish mythology and shamanism and let all stress and anxiety wash away as the fresh summer air surrounds you. After the tour we drop you off back to your hotel so you can enjoy rest of the night sleeping.
Please check the departure time when reserving as it changes depending on the month.
We have received exceptionally good feedback from this tour. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.