Syracuse, the historic center of Ortigia and dinner in a typical restaurant
Our guide, a specialist in classical Greek-Roman archeology, will speak to you not only about art and culture but as a local friend will make you appreciate the hidden corners of Ortigia and will satisfy your curiosities about life and traditions of Syracuse.
per adult from
What's included :
- multilingual guide
- min 2 people
What's excluded :
- drinks, tips
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Syracuse, Syracuse, Province of Syracuse, Sicily
Tour with min 2 people
You will meet with our guide at Ponte Umbertino, one of the two bridges that connects the island of Sicily to the island of Ortigia, the historic center of Syracuse. Here the guide will welcome you and introduce you to the history of the city.
After crossing the bridge together you will stop in front of the temple of Apollo, the oldest Doric temple in Sicily, and in Piazza Archimede, named after the illustrious Syracusan scientist who lived in the third century BC.
You will continue to Piazza Duomo, where you will admire the cathedral and the church of Santa Lucia alla badia, and finally you will end at Fonte Aretusa, a source of fresh water that overlooks the Grand Port of Syracuse.
Our guide, a specialist in classical Greek-Roman archeology, will speak to you not only about art and culture but as a local friend will make you appreciate the hidden corners of Ortigia and will satisfy your curiosities about the life and traditions of Syracuse.
At the end of the tour the guide will indicate the restaurant
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Ponte Umbertino, 96100 Siracusa SR, Italy
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.