Tamgaly-Tas and City of Nomads Private Day Tour from Almaty
Nomad city and Tamgaly-Tas are two sights representing different history eras but located close to each other. Here you will learn something about both local nomadic culture and ancient buddhist missions.
We will pick you up from your hotel in the morning, drive will take approximately 2 hours. First you will have chance to feel yourself as a nomad in ancient fortress experiencing everyday life hundreds of years ago. After that you have some time to walk along the beautiful Ili river bank. Then we will move to Tamgaly-Tas to see ancient petroglyphs. Also there are many hills and rocks all over the place where you can hike for a pituresque view. If history and beautiful nature are in the top list of your preferences this tour is definitely for you!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tamgaly Tas
- Entry/Admission - Nomad Fortress
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tamgaly Tas, Kapchagay Kazakhstan
or more than 100 years, scientists have been trying in vain to unravel the mystery of one of the country’s most-visited tourist sites. Just about 120 kilometers from Almaty, on the right bank of the Ili River, is a set of 60-meter rocky gates: the sacred and mysterious Tamgaly Tas tract.
At Tamgaly Tas, rock carvings and paintings of Buddha, bodhisattvas and different styles of Tibetan scripture can be seen on separate cliffs and boulders.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Nomad Fortress, Ili River bank, Kapchagay 040810 Kazakhstan
On the left bank of the Ili River, there is a very rare and ancient-looking place, which is located 90 km away from Almaty; it is called the Nomad Fortress. From the first sight at it, you might think how brilliantly the ancient town is preserved till nowadays, however, these are not the ruins of a city that existed. This is a huge construction, built for filming a movie about the lifestyle of ancient Kazakhs as nomad people.
The architecture of the Nomad Village finds its source in the history of nomads back in the XVIII century. The village was built according to the standards of those times. The fortresses of such nomad villages were engineered in a way to serve as a shield for the town against the invaders. Outside the Nomad Fortress near the Ili River, you will meet horses frolicking in the steppe. Riding a horse in the 'homeland of nomads' allows you to feel like a real nomad yourself. To experience such emotions discover the steppe tales in the ancient nomad village near Almaty.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.