The Sultans of Spice Walking Tour
Discover the Arabic district and learn about the Sultans who ruled Singapore before the country became a British colony. Get an understanding of the neighbourhood’s history, discover remnants of the indigenous culture, visit an ancient burial ground and the Sultan Mosque.
How was Singapore sold to the British for 60,000 Spanish Dollars? Find out about the man who did it, and the man who forced him to.
There are so many fascinating places to be found on a walking tour, and this tour takes you to many of them. It is an area where the traditional Malay blend and a distinctive Islam touch come together
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Professional, English speaking Guide
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Malay Heritage Centre
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any purchases of a personal nature
- Entry/Admission - Arab Street
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arab Street, Singapore 199669 Singapore
Arab Street was the name of a road and neighbourhood in Singapore. There are two explanations behind the name. The first one is that the area was owned by an Arab merchant, Syed Ali bin Mohamed Al Junied and that it was the site of an Arab kampong, hence the name Arab Street
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kampong Glam, Singapore Singapore
Centred on busy Arab Street, Kampong Glam is known as Singapore’s Muslim Quarter. Its 19th-century shophouses have been turned into stores selling textiles and casual restaurants serving spicy Malay and global fare. Notable landmarks here include the golden domed Sultan Mosque and the Malay Heritage Centre, where exhibits focus on local history. Clothing boutiques, street art and trendy cafes line Haji Lane.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sultan Mosque, 3 Muscat Street Masjid Sultan, Singapore 198833 Singapore
A Mosque that incorporates the use of minarets and balusters from Indian and Islamic traditions.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Malay Heritage Centre, 85 Sultan Gate, Singapore 198501 Singapore
The Malay Heritage Centre, otherwise known as the Malay Heritage Centre, the Malay Heritage Centre (MHC) showcases the history, culture and contributions of the Malay community within the context of Singapore's history and multi-cultural society.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Bugis, Singapore
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Operates in conjunction with The Journeys Pte Ltd
- If you plan on entering the mosque, please wear a sleeved blouse/shirt and long skirt or pants. Only a limited number of robes are also available at the mosque.
- Minimum 2 Adults required for this tour to operate. Single traveler can book but is subject to availability.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.