The Taste of Lapland (Cooking & Aurora Hunting)
We will bring you back to a dwelling of indigenous people which is a wooden cottage deep in a forest far away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It is not only about cooking but also an experience of how to go Lappish: a connection between nature and life.
Now comes the most exciting part, get your hands dirty and have fun with us! Our locals will show you how to collect wood, make a fire and turn all ingredients into tasty Lappish meal. At the same time, you can listen to stories and history of food culture in Lapland.
Main course: Wrapped Salmon (Lohi Ruuku)
Other snacks: Karelian pie with reindeer salami sauces, grilled sausage, Lappish bread and hot Berry Juice
After fulfilling your stomach, it is time to discover the surrounding nature. A short hike uphill will open up your eyes with exotic and tranquil sceneries covered by thick snow. Or you simply have fun like a child with snow-sliding. Not to forget, the greatest surprise is waiting for you
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Winter overall
- Dinner - Finnish traditional foods: reindeer sausages, salmon bread
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Vikajärvi
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vikajärvi, 97510 Rovaniemi, Finland
Do you know what makes a place become an ideal spot for aurora spectating? somewhere high and away from light pollution. Come with us and you can stand on a high Lappish hill (sorry we don’t have mountain in Finland), feeling like you’re floating between the earth surface and the sky, listening to the breezing sound of the trees, staring at the mysterious pitch dark of Polar Night (Kaamos). Additionally, we offer you a cultural decorated Kota, where you can spend the moment together having Finnish evening snack with our karelian pie with reindeer paste, grilling sausages, try the 3 most typical Finnish breads, hot drinks are also available.
“Sounds interesting, but is there anything else?” – Glad that you asked. We also have a snow slide where you and your friends, family members can spend a little fun together. So, what do you say?
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Rovaniemen Oluthuone, Koskikatu 20, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Visit Lapland Tours