Third Reich and Berlin Wall History 3-Hour Bike Tour in Berlin
Enjoy a 3-hour bike tour and experience Berlin's 20th century history off the beaten tourist trail. Learn about the capitals history during the Nazi period, the construction of The Wall and daily life in East and West shown at original places.
per adult from
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Nowhere else has the 20th century as many traces as in Berlin. Along the Wall-bike-path to original locations such as the Wall Memorial at Bernauer Strasse as well as a gun tower, ghost stations, Hitler's bunker, and much more. The Nazi period, building of The Wall and life in the separated city explained in a serious and fascinating manner.
Your Guide will welcome you at the meeting point in front of the Nikolai Church, just 5 walking minutes from the Berlin TV Tower/Alexanderplatz, where you will get your comfy city bike for the tour. Of course you can get a helmet for free, too. After a short introduction the tour starts and leads you through the historic city center of Berlin and up north to the former Berlin Wall. Your experienced and entertaining local guide will lead you safely through Berlin by using minor roads and bike lanes.
The lengths of your route is about 15km and will pass the following highlights:
• Memorial site Bernauer Str.
• Gun tower Humboldthain
• Hitlers plans to transform Berlin into the Megalopolis "Germania"
• Mauerpark - flee market & Karaoke in the former "death strip"
• the location of Hitler's bunker
• Checkpoint Charlie - famous symbol of the Cold War
• The gigantic Nazi-ministry of Aviation
• Remaining parts of The Wall
Witness Berlin's dark and thrilling historical episodes at original places and find On this route you will find quiet routes away from the crowds, almost forgotten evidence of dark history, the former Berlin Wall, the blooming of the old border strip, impressive buildings with a great past and present on this route.
Departure Point :Poststraße 11, 10178 Berlin, Germany
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Operates in English and German (depending on option selected)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.