Tijuca Forest Adventure Full-Day Hike (Small-Group or Private)
You'll be hiking in a very unusual part of Tijuca Forest, one of the biggest urban forests in the world. On this circuit of trails, discover the nature and beauty of the jungle, reaching Taquara Hill (814m=2670ft), a 100m higher than Christ Redeemer, with views to the valley of the forest and the city, in clear days. Visit caves and also coffee farms ruin. After the hike, refresh in a waterfall* (bring towel/ bathing suit). On the route to the park, stop by another summit for pictures and admiring the landscape. The scenery of this tour is amazing with nature and a lot of adventure. You'll also learn the history of Brazil, of Tijuca Forest and everything about the coffee farms of that area, and the reforestation that happened in the 1800's.
*The water flow on the waterfalls varies according to the intensity of the rain.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Guided Hike
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport in small vehicle (max. 6 people) / (optional air conditioner)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Food, water, drinks
- Pick up/drop off OUT of the designated meeting points/areas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
In the Tijuca Forest National Park, we'll visit some of the most famous attractions like Taunay Waterfall, Vista Chinesa and also do our circuit hike (aprox. 9km=5.6mi) passing by waterfalls, summits and reaching peaks with magnificent views, like the Taquara Castle (814m=2,670ft).
Duration: 8 hours
Pass By: Mirante das canoas, Estrada das Canoas, km 3 Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
On the way to Tijuca Forest National Park we'll drive by Canoas Summit and it´s possible to see from a distance Pedra da Gávea and Pedra Bonita, that compose a pretty landscape.
Stop At: Floresta da Tijuca, Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
In the Tijuca Forest main sector we'll spend most of the day. Hiking in a loop circuit deep in the rainforest, well experience all its lush, passing by rivers, waterfalls, peaks and caves and in the end, refreshing in a waterfall shower.
Duration: 8 hours
Stop At: Cascatinha Taunay, Estrada Floresta da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-510 Brazil
Taunay Waterfall is the highest and most famous waterfall at Tijuca Forest Park. Before starting the hike we'll stop by to see its beauty, feel its freschness and take some pictures. (swimming in this waterfall is not allowed but after the hike we visit another fall where is possible to shower).
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
We'll drive by this charming, small and cute little chapel, built in 1850, when the Tijuca Forest was a coffee farm.
Stop At: Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
This is considered one of the most beautiful views in Rio and one of the few places in the city where you can put Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf in the same frame. It's not located in the same sector of the park where we'll do the hike but we'll stop there on the way to check the view and take some pictures.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :1: Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2: Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3: Leblon, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4: Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5: Leme, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6: Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
7: Flamengo, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport is included from designated hotels (more than 100 options) on the neighborhoods of Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme, Santa Teresa, Flamengo and Botafogo. Choose the best/closest option on the list as your meeting point
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fitness required. HARD level hike. NO technical rock climbing, just hiking.
- Hike details: 8 to 9km (up and down rough terrain), 4 to 5h, elev. gain 651m=2135ft.
- Passport name, number and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants (for insurance)
- Not recommended for child under 14 and they must be accompanied.
- Maximum of 6 participants on the tour (or you can choose a private option)
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Oxygen saturation check of staff and customers. Positioning in the vehicles leaving an empty seat between participants that are not together. Face shield provided for customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.