Tijuca Forest Half-Day Hike (small group or private)
A half-day hike guided tour in Tijuca Forest National Park, one of the biggest urban rainforests in the world. Our experienced guides will take you on an amazing adventure hiking up one of the most stunning summits in Rio. You'll visit Pedra Bonita (696m=2283ft) a popular lookout in the Tijuca Rainforest with amazing views to the coastline of the city and a view to Gavea Rock, the flat 'table mountain' in Rio that provides incredible picture opportunities. During the tour, you'll experience the nature and the feeling of being in the tropical rainforest. In addition to the fun and adventure our team will provide information and curiosities about the flora and fauna, like monkeys, quatis, and toucans, that may appear in the way.
- Tijuca Rainforest National Park (03rd biggest urban forest in the world)
- Amazing views in clear days (696m=2283ft= as high as the Christ Redeemer statue)
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Licensed tour guide
- Guided Hike
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport in small vehicle (max. 6 people) / (optional air conditioner)
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Food, water, drinks
- Pick up/drop off OUT of the designated meeting points/areas
After pick up at designated hotels/meeting points in South Rio, you'll be driven to Tijuca Forest Park and learn with the tour guide about its history and geography. You'll then start the ascending hike, inside the tropical rainforest, with nice views on the way and maybe seeing some wildlife like monkeys and birds. In aprox. 50 min, you'll reach the top of Pedra Bonita where you get stunning and incredible views of Rio. The ocean, the beaches in the South and West part of Rio and also Christ Redeemer are some of the elements on this 360o view but the most impressing is Pedra da Gavea, the highest monolith close to the ocean in the world, with 842m (2742ft). You'll have some time to enjoy, relax and get pictures on the top before hiking down. The trails has an easy to moderate difficulty level, going up and down hill, and is suitable to children 6+. On the way in or out to the Tijuca Forest, the tour stops by Vista Chinesa, one of the most famous summits of the park, that reveals a great view to Rio and one of the very few places where is possible to capture Christ Redeemer and Sugar Loaf in the same frame, together with the green hills of Rio... a great picture opportunity.
• Jungle Me - Hiking and Trekking Ecotours, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22010-010 Brazil
• Floresta da Tijuca, Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
• Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
• Pedra Bonita, Estrada da Cascatinha Tijuca National Park, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
• Mirante das canoas, Estrada das Canoas, km 3 Sao Conrado, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
• Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Departure Point :South Zone (Rio de Janeiro), Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Traveler pickup is offered
Transport is included from designated hotels (more than 100 options) on the neighborhoods of Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon, Leme, Santa Teresa, Flamengo and Botafogo. When booking, choose from a list the best/closest option as your meeting point.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fitness required. EASY to MODERATE level hike. NO technical rock climbing, just hiking.
- Hike details: 3,5km=2.2mi (up and down rough terrain), approx. 2h, elev. gain 203m=667ft.
- Passport name, number, and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants (for insurance).
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to bad weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not recommended for child under 5 (must be accompanied)
- Maximum of 6 participants on the tour (or you can choose a private option)
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Oxygen saturation check of staff and customers. Positioning in the vehicles leaving an empty seat between participants that are not together. Face shield provided for customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.