Tour to Wadi El Natroun Monastery from Alexandria
Drive to Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism. Visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed here. Begin your trip with the oldest and most isolated monastery, Deir al-Baramus, and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up services from hotel & return.
- Private All Languages speaking guide.
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Deir Mar Mina (St. Mina Monastery), 9 Borg el-Arab el-Gadida Mariut, Alexandria 21599 Egypt
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries; only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries and in many ways the most isolated, then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoiwhose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
from your hotel in Alexandria
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.