Treasures of the Opera Garnier Tour in Paris
Explore the decadent Opera Garnier in Paris on a 1.5-hour, comprehensive walking tour. Designed by French architect Charles Garnier in the late 1800s, this incredible Neo-Baroque opera house is one of Europe’s largest and is sure to leave you awestruck with its elegant interior. Explore the auditorium, main staircase (Grand Escalier), Grand Foyer and Member’s Rotunda with your expert guide, and hear how the building inspired the setting for the legendary ‘Phantom of the Opera’ musical.
per adult from
1 hour 20 minutes
What's included :
- Guided tour with an official tour guide from the Opera Garnier
- Audio equipment for listening to the guide on the day tour
- Entry/Admission - Palais Garnier
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Access to the backstage areas
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palais Garnier, Place de l_Opera entrance at the corner of Scribe and Auber streets, 75009 Paris France
In 1860, a contest was launched for the construction of a new opera house in Paris. It was young architect Charles Garnier's project that was unanimously adopted for its exuberant mix of ostentatious and eclectic baroque architecture. 73 sculptors and 14 painters worked on it until its inauguration in January 1875. Measuring 172m in length and 124m in breadth, the Opera Garnier is the largest opera house in Europe, with the capacity to welcome more than 2000 people.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Palais Garnier, Opéra Garnier, 8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is not suitable for children under 5 years old
- Access to the auditorium of the Opera Garnier is not guaranteed as it may be closed for technical or artistic reasons
- On the day tour the guide will talk into a microphone and you will be able to hear clearly using a broadcast system provided by the Opera Garnier. One ID card or passport will be required as a guarantee for the audio equipment.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Wearing a mask (not provided) is compulsory for visitors over 11 years old, and the tour circuit is designed to respect a one-way traffic flow.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.