Versailles Palace & Giverny's Monet House Guided Visit with Lunch from Paris
Think of France and what comes to mind? Chances are the Palace of Versailles and the Impressionists are up there in your top ten. However fleeting your visit, you do have time to experience a bit of both, thanks to our day trip from Paris. Ever wanted to step into one of Monet’s paintings? Your wish is our command! Wander through the lush gardens of the artist’s residence, inspiration for his Nympheas, among others. After lunch, head to Versailles, royal pad to three King Louis. From the moment you approach this imposing Palace, we dare you not to gasp at its lavish splendor. In fact, you’ll probably keep your mouth open for the rest of your visit!
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Round trip transportation from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach.
- Guided visit of the Royal Apartments of the Palace of Versailles
- Free time in the marvellous Versailles gardens, even days of Musical Fountains or Musical Gardens
- 3-courses lunch (starter + main course + dessert), drinks included.
- Guided visit of the somptuous Giverny gardens and free time in Monet's house
- Service of a licensed guide with individual earphone
- Entrance tickets with priority access.
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Le Moulin de Fourges
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Entry/Admission - The Hall of Mirrors
- Entry/Admission - Le Jardin de Versailles
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Paris, Paris, Ile-de-France
Short on time? Visit Versailles and Monet’s Garden in the same day.
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Home to Impressionist maestro Monet from 1833 until his demise in 1926.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Clos Normand - Fondation Claude Monet, 84 rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Walk across the Japanese bridge you’ve seen somewhere before and catch your reflection in that water lily pond..
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Le Moulin de Fourges, 38 Rue du Moulin, 27630 Vexin-sur-Epte, France
Time for a hearty lunch at the Moulin de Fourges, an 18th-century mill inspired by Marie Antoinette’s hamlet. Drinks included.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Monument a Louis XIV, Place des Victoires Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Leading us nicely on to your next stop: Versailles where you will see Louis XIV's Statue on a horse.
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Compare and contrast your interior décor to that of Louis XIV and his wife.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Hall of Mirrors, Chateau de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Then waltz through the vast Hall of Mirrors. Your tour guide is at hand to answer your questions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Le Jardin de Versailles, Place D'armes A l'Ouest du Château de Versailles, 78000, Versailles France
Your tour guide is at hand to answer your questions. You’re in for a treat (and numerous photo ops) in the palace’s back garden, and no garden worth its name would be complete without a fountain, sculpture, forest or two. If you’re lucky (if you choose the right date, that is), you’ll catch the Musical Fountains show, when the gardens’ numerous water features boogie to the rhythm of Louis XIV’s favorite tunes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Place des Pyramides, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
You will end back at the departure point.
Departure Point :22 Rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris, France
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour allows enough time to visit Versailles’ Great Royal Apartments and Monet’s Gardens only
- You’ll have a skip-the-line ticket but may still have to wait in line, especially at busy times such as high season
- The Versailles Musical Fountains Show takes place on Saturdays and Sundays
- Baby strollers are forbidden inside the Versailles Palace.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour is not suitable for clients with walking difficulties
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.