Versailles Palace and Monet's Giverny House Full Day Tour from Paris
The contemplative art of the Impressionists. The Baroque excess of Versailles. Travelling by comfortable private bus, sample both these very different sides of French architecture on this day trip. From Paris, you’ll visit the Impressionist Claude Monet’s Giverny estate, then Skip-the-Line at the extravagant Palace and Gardens of Versailles.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Versailles official English-speaking guide
- Round-trip transfer from Paris in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- Headsets when appropriate
- Entry/Admission - Fondation Claude Monet
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fondation Claude Monet, 84 Rue Claude Monet, 27620 Giverny France
Begin your day by boarding your comfortable, air-conditioned private bus in central Paris. Once inside, you’ll meet your tour co-ordinator, a local expert who’ll accompany you throughout your trip to provide you with insights and stories about the sites you’ll visit.
Your first stop is the Fondation Claude Monet in the village of Giverny. After a brief but fact-packed orientation tour, you’ll be free to explore the Impressionist master’s estate at your leisure. The house has been restored to how it was when Monet himself lived and worked there, and many features of the estate are familiar from his great works – like the ponds carpeted in luscious water lilies.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000, Versailles France
Then it’s a short bus ride from Giverny to Versailles, where an official palace guide will escort you past the line, directly into the Sun King’s opulent seat of power. With over 700 rooms and 2,000 acres of gardens, Versailles is magnificent inside and out. You’ll see highlights like the Hall of Mirrors and Salon of Abundance, fountains and secret garden groves, and an art collection to rival the finest museums. In keeping with the surroundings, the royals and courtiers who populated Versailles at its height were larger than life; your guide will share some of the wildest moments of the palace’s history. Depending on the day, your tour may also include the Musical Fountain Show (where water dances in perfect time to classical music) or Musical Gardens (where music accompanies a tour through idyllic glades).
On the ride back to Paris, perhaps you’ll find yourself wondering: which historical lifestyle would you have preferred, Monet’s or Louis XIV’s?
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Palais de Chaillot, 1 Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre, 75016 Paris, France
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering Versailles
- Large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in Versailles. Only very small bags are allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by City Wonders Ltd