Vesterhavegaarden Vineyard and Wine shop Visit - Organically Produced
Visit a local Danish organic vineyard about an hour outside of Copenhagen, growing and producing top-quality wine. Apple ice wine, apple cider, apple juice, amarone-style red wine and chardonnay white wine. Hear the history of this fantastic tasting wine. Great location, right next to the Baltic Sea. The fields are next to the beach and forest, surrounded by wonderful nature! The wines are rated as some of the best in the world!
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Vesterhavegaarden Vingaard
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- The tour will start in the wine field where you can see 2000 apple trees that were planted about 10 years ago, and the wine plants which were planted about 5 years ago. You will see the special wine growing system called Pergola, which originated from Valpoliciella in Italy.You will also be shown the special system that has been developed to avoid the weed and the automatic watering system. All have been produced by hand, and the the trimming of the wine plants, apple trees and the harvesting are also all done by hand. All fruits are inspected at all times to make sure they get the most optimal harvest. After harvesting the grapes, you will be shown how the grapes are sorted and checked before being placed into boxes with holes and straw from the beach to secure optimal ventilation. The grapes are then places in the drying room before you are shown how to press the grapes and store in steel tanks to start the fermentation of the juice to become real wine. On the way back to the winery you will pass the wine cellar where you can see all of the oak barrels storing the wine. The tour will end in the winery and the wine farm shop, where you can see their organic production wine. Here, you can sit down and relax, and prepare for the wine tasting session, in which you can choose three different types of wine to to sit back and enjoy. The wine farmer, Jesper, will give you a presentation on the importance of decanting the wine with a special wine decanter, and then you can do some shopping for your favorite wines.
Departure Point :The wine farm.
Departure Time :Varies
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- A minimum of 2 people per booking
- This tour is available from 9am - 9pm
- Please arrange your tour 24 hours before arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.