Virtual Cooking Class: Taste Catalan History & Cook A Medieval Dish
Have you ever thought about when and why people started writing down recipes? Wondered why a certain dish is a specialty in a certain place? Tried to trace the origin of your favorite ingredient? Barcelona local Hannah has become an expert in all of the above by analyzing historic cookbooks and tracing ingredients back through time.
She will introduce you to the first-ever European cookbook not written in Latin—in fact, it was written by a Catalan chef, considered a gastronomic leader at a time before Spanish classics like tomato and potato had arrived in Europe. You’ll learn about medieval cooking and have the chance to dive into it yourself, cooking the very first eggplant recipe written down in Europe at a time when eggplant had just arrived and was a new and exciting ingredient. If you’d like, you can even cook along as she recreates one of the best recipes out of the book, starring some of the most popular ingredients from centuries ago which are still easy to source today.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Virtual class led by a Catalan food expert
What's excluded :
- **Please note all times for this experience are listed in CEST (Central European Summer Time)**
Virtually travel to Barcelona and spend an hour with Hannah, a certified expert in Catalan food history.
Hear about the first cookbook in Europe not written in Latin and learn how to cook a special ancient eggplant recipe from it.
Discover why Catalonia was the world’s culinary center in the late Middle Ages and hear the stories behind the ingredients popular today.
• Stuffed Aubergine
Departure Point :Barcelona, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Devour Barcelona Food Tours