WWI Small-Group Day Trip Somme Battlefields with John Monash Centre from Paris
On this Small Group tour of the Somme battlefields, you will discover a part of France that suffered severely in the violent and bloody battles of the Great War. A dramatic period of history took place here, and you will see the major sites including memorials, cemeteries and traces of battles, as well as of course the newly opened Sir John Monash Centre at Villers-Bretonneux. Number of participants is limited to a maximum of 16 people, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your knowledgeable guide.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group tour (maximum 8 participants)
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- English speaking guide
- Transport by Air-Conditioned Minibus
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Delville Wood War Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Thiepval Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Australian National Memorial
- Entry/Admission - Ulster Memorial Tower
- Entry/Admission - Historial de la Grande Guerre
- Entry/Admission - Lochnagar Crater
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Delville Wood War Memorial, Route de Ginchy, 80360 Longueval France
Visit the cemetery of Delville Wood at Longueval, situated on the edge of the Somme. See the Lochnagar Crater "Located at La
Boisselle" - an impressive mine hole 100 meters across and 30 meters deep.
Stop At: Thiepval Memorial, Rue de L'Ancre, 80300 Authuille France
Stop At: Australian National Memorial, route de Villers Bretonneux D23, 80800 Fouilloy France
During this day-trip you will also see the the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux.
Stop At: Ulster Memorial Tower, Route de Saint-Pierre-Divion, 80300 Thiepval France
Continuing to Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British Soldiers. You will also visit The Ulster
Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division, the Beaumont-Hamel and the Newfoundland Memorial which offers a realistic and moving view of these battles in its remarkably well-preserved trenches system.
Stop At: Historial de la Grande Guerre, Chateau de Peronne Café du musée & terrasse en accès libre, 80200 Peronne France
Finish the tour with a visit to the Historial at Peronne, an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-1918) which explains the conflict, its origins and its consequences.The museum boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objectsand documents of everyday life during the war.
Stop At: Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, Rue de l'Eglise, 80300 Beaumont-Hamel France
Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial
Stop At: Lochnagar Crater, Route de la Grande Mine, 80300 Ovillers-la-Boisselle France
Stop At: Viator la Somme Tour, La Somme, Paris France
Viator la Somme Tour
Departure Point :19 Avenue de l'Opéra, 75001 Paris, France
Departure Time :6:50 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Be sure to arrive promptly for your tour.
- The group will not wait if you are late and if you miss the tour due to a delay, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.